Happy to contribute to Project Management Institute (PMI) in various roles since last 9 years !
· He was Content Reviewer of PMI’s most influential global standards: The Standard for Program Management – Fourth Edition & The Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3®)
· PMI selected him as a part of Content Contributors & Content Reviewers on the teams to update and rewrite PMI’s most influential global standards: Project Manager Competency Development Framework (PMCD) - Third Edition
· He represented PMI Pune-Deccan India chapter at various Leadership Institute Meetings (LIM) in Hong Kong (Republic of China), Denver (USA), Melbourne (Australia), Dallas (USA), Marseille (France), Region 8 meeting (Marrakech, Morocco), Istanbul(Turkey), Dubai (UAE) and interacted with many Chapter Leaders / Community of Practice (COP), Special Interest Group (SIG), built a rapport with them and continued that communication for mutual benefits.
· PMI selected him as part of Region 11 Best Practices Task-Force (RBPT). RBPT members provide support to Region 11 Mentor to provide advice, guidance and leadership to PMI chapter leaders to develop their leadership capabilities and ensure member value delivery to build strong local chapters. RBPT supports Region 11 Mentor to act as a resource with PMI staff regarding policies and procedures that enable chapters’ operational success. RBPT builds a digital repository of the best practices of the region for use by members of the region.
· He got selected for PMI Leadership Institute Meeting (LIM) / Global Congresses Presentations Evaluator.
· Various Management / Leadership related article published in PMI’s Newsletters as well as various Chapter Newsletters Worldwide.
· PMI selected him for Role Delineation Study (RDS) of Project Risk Management Professionals.
· PMI selected him for Role Delineation Study (RDS) of Project Scheduling Professionals.
· He Presented “Managing Volunteers Effectively” in PMI’s Leadership Institute Meeting (LIM) & “Managing Virtual Team” in PMI’s Global Congress in Melbourne, Australia in February 2010.
· PMI Tokyo, Japan chapter invited him as a Chief Guest to talk in their International Conference - Summer Fiesta @ Tokyo, Japan in June 2009.
· PMI awarded him "Volunteer Leader Of The Year 2008-Asia Pacific Region" He got recognized at Leadership Meeting in Denver, CO, USA in October 2008. Shantanu is being recognized for his outstanding commitment and leadership to the PMI Pune-Deccan Chapter and PMI Global Operation Center (GOC)
· He was part of Content Contributors & Content Reviewers on the teams to update and rewrite PMI’s most influential global standards: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) —Fourth Edition & Sixth Edition.
· Got appointed as Vice President of PMI Pune Chapter in year 2008. Key Contribution : Signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with various PMI chapters worldwide. for mutual benefits, Inducted CxOs from Industries to be part of Chapter’s Advisory Board, Bringing sponsorship for chapter activities, Chapter is Winner of Best Chapter in the world in Category II and Shantanu was key leader behind this global achievement.
· He proactively became part of Asia’s strategic team which was formed by Region 9 (Asia) mentor to fine tune vision, mission and path forward of PMI.
· Marketing & Communications Director of PMI Pune Deccan India Chapter. Key Contribution : Given visibility to chapter, converted it from unknown chapter to well known chapter locally and internationally, was instrumental in seminar partnership with Computer Society of India (CSI), Project Management Association (PMA) & Software Process Improvement Network (SPIN), launch Pune Chapters own website, Started PMP Discussion Forum, Started Quarterly Newsletter “On Target”, Conducting Media Press Conferences to promote chapter activities.